Thursday 21 January 2016

Valentines Day Anyone.....

Love is in the air! Valentines Day is just around the corner for those of you that get all excited and exchange gifts and cards.  When my husband I were first dating I got very excited when our first Valentines day together rolled around as I had never  been the recipient of a Valentine gift ever....well  lets just say it didn't happen. Awww I hear you say, please don't be sad for me it's all good, NOW! I happened to have met a fantastic guy that just didn't believe in Valentines day. If truth be told I was sad and quite disappointed at the time. But I have come to realize as time has gone by that Valentines day is just another day in the year. I have married a great guy who loves me, treats me and our kids well, provides for us and even surprises me with flowers or a night off from cooking or some other surprise at other times during the year. I like to think that I have Valentines day surprises dotted throughout the year, as opposed to one day a year. You gotta love that.

Anyway, you are here to see what I have made not here for my ramblings, so lets  get on with the show and tell.

The lovely Angie from Chic n Scratch has a great video tutorial on how to make these gorgeous boxes on her blog. Click on her name to see her tutorial. I followed her tutorial exactly and "ta da, bada bing bada boom" 16 boxes were easily whipped up quick smart. I used different coloured card stock and designer series paper (dsp) than Angie. I had nothing Valentine related nothing with hearts, so I went with a fresh looking print. I quite like the look. These little treat boxes could be made for any time of the year, even as birthday or wedding favours. All  materials used are  from my stash of crafty stuff, this lot happens to be all from Stampin 'Up, some of it is retired stock.

I have made these for our family Valentines dinner. I know I said my husband doesn't believe in Valentines day, I never said I didn't lol! Every year we have a candle lit dinner for four, hubby, me and our two kids! I always set the table extra special, candles, wine glasses the works. We have a special dinner and yummy dessert. We don't  normally have dessert, so it's a real treat. On the table I always have a small chocolate treat. Yes inside these boxes are three small heart shaped chocolates. Here's a picture of the inside of the box and one where you can see how the box closes.



Here are a couple of more shots.Three of the boxes feature the same dsp and then there is a rogue box with a different dsp!




What do you do for Valentines day as a family? Do you make little treats for your kids?
I hope you have a go at making some of these cute boxes.

FYI yes I did say I have made 16 of these boxes and yet there is a candlelit dinner for 4! I have made extra to give to my mum and step dad, and some of my dear friends.

Have a magnificent day.
Cheers Donna




No comments:

Post a Comment