Tuesday 9 August 2016

Sail Away!

Hi there,

I hope you are keeping warm if you are in Melbourne Australia! It certainly is the weather for staying indoors and crafting. So crafting I have been. 

 The crafting frenzy brought on by the cold weather has produced these 2 lovelies.


 I cannot claim this design as my own. I saw THIS card on Pinterest and  followed the link to Kathie's blog, "Stamp with Kathie." Click  HERE to visit Kathie's lovely blog where you can see how she also decorated the  inside of her card as well. 

So this was the first card I made. I put the dapper denim CS behind the  the By the Shore DSP at a jaunty angle. This jaunty or wonky angled piece of CS seems to be quite the rage on cards at the moment......my lost hours viewing of Pinterest suggests that it's "bang on trend." I don't know how I really feel about this trend. I said in another post that I'm not entirely sold on this look. I tend to like things lined up and in straight lines.



So I made another one with everything lined up lol!


I do like this one better. I asked my hubby and kids  separately which one they preferred. Funnily enough they all liked the "all lined up straight card" too!!! I laughed. 

Hopefully you can see from this photo that the DSP and yacht were raised up on dimensionals on both cards.



Once again here are both cards for you to see.

 So which one do you prefer? Are you all for the wonky/jaunty angle or do you like everything all lined up?


Thanks for visiting. Don't forget to leave a comment and say hello!

Cheers Donna :)

No comments:

Post a Comment