Sunday 2 October 2016

A Beautiful Day Part 3 - Altenew Ultimate Challenge Blog Hop

Hi there,
back again with another group of cards using my new favourite stamp set A Beautiful Day by Altenew. AND no I'm not sick of it yet, I hope you aren't lol.

I am entering these cards into a Challenge over at Altenew, it's called Altenew's Ultimate Challenge Blog Hop. Do pop over and see what it's all about.




Four beautiful cards in different colours. I have made eight of these. The blue flower is stamped directly onto the card, I masked the flower to stamp the leaves. The other coloured flowers were all fussy cut and stuck over the top of the stamped leaves. It had been my intention to stamp all the flowers directly onto the card....but smudges of ink around the flowers that couldn't be hidden with artfully arranged sequins lol meant I either throw the whole thing out and start again or fussy cut the flowers out and just stamp more leaves. Obviously I went with that option, after all I had stamped the flowers I just couldn't throw them out there was nothing wrong with them!






Aren't they pretty? Which is your favourite colour?

In the next photo you can just see a hint of Wink of Stella on the petals. I coloured over the stamens   with a black sharpie, then went over the black dots of the stamens with glossy accents. I think you can just see the shine of the glossy accents in the photo.



A close up of the stitched border and some more Wink of Stella shine....it's so pretty!



A side view showing the smaller panel was popped up on craft foam to give added dimension.



One last photo of all four cards again.


Do leave a comment to let me know which is your favourite, I'd love to know. Don't forget to pop over to Altenew's Ultimate Challenge Blog Hop.

Have a marvellous day.

Cheers Donna :)

No comments:

Post a Comment