Wednesday 5 October 2016

Using Up Your Scrap Cardstock

Hi there,
I'm certainly on a roll with my creating and posts.... the question is,how long will I be able to maintain my momentum? Mmmmmmm....the answer is "How long is a piece of string?"

OK onto today's cards. I was inspired by the super talented and awesomely creative and all round  lovely person Jennifer McGuire over at Jennifer McGuire Ink




 If truth be told I just  copied Jennifer's cards using what I had. I didn't do the inlay technique Jennifer      showed in her video and on her blog, I 'll explain why later. Click HERE to go to Jennifer's blog post with her video.


 I grabbed my scrap pieces of CS and cut them into strips.I  adhered my coloured strips of paper onto  another piece of thick white CS. It looked super. It was just too thick to die cut the word 'love' out of though as Jennifer had. 




 Instead I die cut the word out of black CS. I then covered the word with glossy accents and sprinkled a bit of dazzling diamonds  glitter over the word while the glossy accents was still wet. 



 Once the glossy accents had dried I just attached the word "love" to the stripey piece. The stripey       piece was backed with black CS to give a small border top and bottom of the stripey piece and then attached onto a card front. Pretty simple really!

                                                       One last photo of both cards for you.


So what do you think,? Don't forget to pop over to Jennifer McGuire's blog to see her video on how to make this card.

Have a beautiful day.
Cheers Donna :)

No comments:

Post a Comment