Thursday 28 December 2017

Christmas Treat Boxes

Well greetings from me to you!
I know it's been ages since I last posted but life just happens and some stuff just has to give. Anyway enough you are here to see some Christmas Treat Boxes.


Now this idea was not mine I saw this on the lovely Jerim's blog, Willowpiggy.

If you click here it will take you to the particular blog post. Jerim gives detailed instructions, measurements and an easy to follow video tutorial. 
The only thing I changed was that I used the detailed floral framelits to give the wavy edge to the lids of the pudding boxes. I just lined the die up on the edge and ran it through the big shot and then moved it along the edge and  ran it through the big shot again. I had to do this 3 times along the edge of one lid to get the wavy pattern the full length of each lid. Yes a bit time consuming but if you do it production line style you get mighty fast.  I did try  free hand cutting the wavy edge as Jerim had but mine  looked so dodgy, so I had to come up with an alternative. I pulled out all my dies and framelits and found the detailed floral framelit and had my light bulb moment  lol.

I made these for Christmas day to put on our Chrissy table, 17 boxes in total.
So a very big shout out to Jerim over at Willowpiggy for designing these gorgeous boxes, thanks!!!! Please make sure you visit her blog she is amazing.

Thanks for visiting. Have a fabulous day.
Donna 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment